Elder Millard with his mission president

Elder Millard with his mission president

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First email sent to us on his first P-day!

HELLO Best Family In The World!!!! I'm So excited to write my first email to you from the good old MTC! I only have like twenty min to write so i will do the best i can with what i have haha.. All i can say is that this place is SO amazing!! The spirit that is here is just so strong.. These last six days have been Quite an experience.. I feel that i have grown so much spiritually and intellectually as well.. I wrote ya'll a letter with more details so hopefully you guys will be getting that soon.. It was so hard to say goodbye to you all for two years! But now that i'm in the MTC, i realize that this is where i am supposed to be.. the letter will explain more about my companion.. I will give you one thing though, his name is Elder Paulsen from Layton Utah.. hahaha what a character.. I have been having the time of my life here! there have been so many great experiences.. i wish i had time to tell you all of them! I love everyone in my district! they are all so much fun.. we love to joke around all the time but we still get stuff done and learn alot together.. so i must say, the spanish that i learned forever ago is really starting to come back fast! i love it.. i truly have a testimony of the gift of tounges.. my companion and i love going around and talking to people in spanish and on occasion, bear testimony to other missionaries walking around, in spanish of course! so I have a great story for ya'all!!!! so here i am playing basketball on my first day of gym time.. basketball is a lot of fun by the way, there were a lot of great players.. i did manage to throw it down once though so that one was for all of you from the bottom of my heart! haha.. but there was one play where i cut one direction, and my toe just started killing me (my big toe on my left foot).. I thought it was nothing so i just kept playing.. i went to bed and woke up the next morning and it felt alright.. that next day i played soccer on it.. after soccer, it felt a little sore but not too extreme.. the next morning after soccer, i woke up and my toe was so swollen!.. haha so i eventually went to the doctor to get it checked out.. so i went to the doctor and they told me to walk down the street to get an x ray.. so elder Paulsen and i walked down the the clinic about one min away and got an x ray on my toe.. they sent results back to the MTC.. so i get back to the MTC and i come to find out that i Broke My Toe!!!!! AHH.. so now i have to wear a huge boot on my left leg and i can't own elders up in ball anymore! haha dang it.. its all good though! i go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks to see the progress.. i'll keep you posted.. and don't you worry, i will definitely use this to my advantage......(Hey can you take my tray for me, i'm crippled_) haha jk.. well there have been so many other uplifting experiences that i have had these last few days.. it is so amazing to have so many servants of the lord in one place! it really kinda rubs off on you and makes you want to be better.. You all will be so proud of me........! i have officially gained some weight haha.. according to the doctor, i weigh 189, when i left, i was like 185! so i'm well on my way to becoming a bowling ball.. haha.. Well i hope all is well back at home! sounds like you are all as good as ever! And thank you guys all SO MUCH for your letters! they really mean so much to me and completely brighten my day! so keep them coming haha.. and preferibly pictures as well so i can see with my own two eyes, the awesome things that are going on back and my humble abode haha.. well i love you all so much and i'll talk to you next week! Love Elder Millard.. (I still need to get used to that haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment