Elder Millard with his mission president

Elder Millard with his mission president

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thanks for your prayers

Hola Hola!! It was a great week this week for all of us! Elder Lloyd and I are going to work here in Viña. We are seeing so many miracles, also so many heartaches each day. But all these great ups and downs of the mission are what make it fun. I absolutely love how much I learn each week. The mission is the greatest preparation for life. Elder Lloyd and I are still waking up a little early to do some rigorous exercises, along with applying a very nutritional diet. We are seeing so many fruits. All the missionaries are asking us what we are doing to look like this. Now there are many more missionaries that are doing their morning exercises like they should. haha.

This week, there was a baptism in the ward. His name is Michael, and he was so prepared for this. He came to church for the first time three weeks ago. Ever since he has come to church, his whole life has changed. He used to have gauge in his ear, long hair, some little sins here and there, but he has completely changed. Michael decided to cut his hair, take out his gauge, leave all his vices behind, and he has never been so happy. In his baptism, us missionaries were in charge of the musical number. While I was icing my toe the day before, I made a cool little arrangement between the primary song Baptism and Nearer My God to Thee. The song turned out really well, and the baptismal service was really spiritual.

On Sunday night, one of our appointments and backup plans fell through. Every time an appointment falls through, I think, "If this happened, then that means that the Lord wants us somewhere else." Well we were in a protected community called Población Naval, The same place where we found the family of 6. We felt that we needed to talk to a few people in building number 10. We walked up the 5 flights of stairs, and we knocked the door on the right. (we found the family of 6 on the fifth floor, right door.) We knocked the door and a teenager oppens the door. She was really friendly and called for the owner of the house to come to the door. When he came to the door, right away, before we could say anything, he said, "come in!" We were quite taken back by this guy. He said "have a seat please. Would you like water or juice." He was a really nice guy and we had no idea what was going on. (this never happens.) His wife and friend that lives with them showed up right in time. We started talking for a while, and we shared a little bit about the restoration of the gospel with all of them. We gained a great relationship of confidence. They are really excited for us to come back on tuesday to share more about the gospel and to help them with english. We are really excited for them too because they are really active and devote catholics. Those make the best members of the church because their life routine of going to church every week and participating in the church does not change much. They will be great leaders in the church when they get baptized.

My toe is doing so so well!! I went to the doctor this last week and he said the following. "In my oppinion, you are way better off than you should be at this stage in the healing process." He even told me that I can start running and everything on it. So I have been and it has not hurt me at all!! I´m really happy about it, and I´m really grateful for the Lord´s help in my toe healing extremely quickly. Thanks for all the prayers back at home. This is a great testimony that the power of prayer, priesthood and faith works!

All of our investigators are really being tested right now. Satan is working harder than ever on all of them. Antonio started crying the other day because he wants to follow Christ, but the small things like Alcohol and cigarretts and making the decision to get married are keeping him from the path of the Lord. Felipe, the son, is actually going on a campout with all the young men! So that will be great for him, and he is really excited about it. Our family of 6 that we found is harder to contact than ever! We will keep trying and trying harder to find them and teach them this week.

We were asked to give a priesthood blessing to a lady that is on her death bed. Elder Lloyd and I walked to the Hospital Naval, which is located right on the ocean side, with an incredible view, to find this lady in need. When we made it up to the 6th floor, there was this lady waiting for us. She explained to us that she is inactive and wants us to give a blessing to her mom, who is sick and who will not live for more than a week. This experience really made me reflect on life. I was thinking, how much time until I am in her situation? And what will I be able to say at that point that I have done with my life? Experiences like these make me want to work harder and make the most of this day of life that I have. After the blessing, the lady was grateful for us, and wanted us to come visit her. She will be coming back to church. God has purposes for everything that happens.

I love you all so much!

Have a great week


Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment