Elder Millard with his mission president

Elder Millard with his mission president

Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to Back Baptisms


Hola Hola!!! I cannot believe it, I am officially in the last week of my 6th change as a missionary!! I can´t really believe it but here I am. hah. Time is just flying right by isn´t it. Mom, I love what you said in one of my letters. It made me laugh: "you have been out long enough to have a baby." haha. Yeah, I find it hard to believe myself! Oh, I have to congratulate you Mom and Dad for your Aniversary!!!!!!! Thats so awesome. Thanks for being the best parents ever. I love you so much! The weather is starting to get super cold in the night. Goodbye to short sleeve and hello to long. A lot has happened this week so lets get started.

This week was the make it or break it week for the family of Yessica and Fransisco. We finished up all of the required teaching and they were officially prepared for their baptisimal interview. It made me a little nervous when we taught them the commandment of Tithing. I had been praying so much that they would be able to understand and accept it. My prayer came true. Their faith is so strong that they accepted tithing in a heartbeat. They are truly desirous to have their lives in harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ. They now understand all of the commandments, and are willing to obey all of them. Elder Baker, our district leader, came down from Cabildo to interview them. They all passed their interviews with flying colors!! The baptism will be this week on Sat at 7:30. That would be 4:30 your time. We had the idea of consulting the whole branch to dress up in all white to support the family. It will be an unforgettable scene. Everyone in white, a whole family getting baptized, and the unity of the branch fortified.

I heard something right after the baptisimal interview that made me unexpressibly happy. Cristofer, the 12 year old boy of the family, commented that he now has great desires to serve a mission. He was asking, how can one become a missionary. Can I become a missionary? What do I have to do to prepare to serve a mission?. These questions made me seriously so happy! One of my goals on my mission is to have one of my converts serve a mission. I guess to keep the chain going... We will keep animating him to prepare for this indespensable sacred service.

Sebastián also passed his interview this week. We are super excited for him! The thing is, his whole family is going on a trip on Sat. so he will be getting baptized this friday. Baptisms back to back! haha. Sebastián is such a stud. He is the only member in his direct family. His aunt and uncle and cousins are strong members in the church. Sebastian travels every saturday to spend the night with them so he can assist church. He knows it is true and wants more in life than just drugs, alchohol and crime. We are also trying to animate him to serve a mission.

Pastor Vergara will recieve his interview with Pres Gillespie this wednesday. We will see how it goes!! Some prayers would be helpful.

Well family and friends, I love you all so much and pray for you every day!

Sorry no pix, i´ll have some for next week!

Que estén bien! Chao

Elder Millard




No comments:

Post a Comment