Elder Millard with his mission president

Elder Millard with his mission president

Monday, February 14, 2011

Check out this avacado!


Hola!!! This week was So great! Last week, I was writing my email. It seems as if I blinked my eyes and here I am again... writing my email for this week. I have no idea where this week went. haha All I know is that it was a great one. Yesterday was Super hot! Its kinda interesting though, the days are super hot and the night is pretty cold. The summer is coming to an end. Just like your winter is somewhat coming to an end back at the other side of the world.

Our investigators are doing great! Vanesa磗 child got sick so she was not able to assist church this last week. Kinda a bummer, because now we will have to push her baptisimal date to march.But she is still reading the Book of Mormon and progressing really well. She feels that the church is true. She liked the blessing that her child recieved in church a couple of weeks ago that talked about how he would grow up in the gospel and be a great member.

The family San Mart韓 is amazing! The young mens and young womens had an activity this week. They went on a hike. Matias and Constanza were there with them and had a great time! They are now great friends with the (jovenes) in the branch. Its so great and necessary to see these friendship ties in the branch because it helps assure the retention of these investigators, soon to be converts! Marl閚, the mom, could not assist church this week but the kids went all by themselves and stayed all three hours. Things are looking pretty set for their baptism the 11th of March. The only problem is that Camila is in Santiago until the 25th of Feb. We have been praying for her to continue preparing for her baptism through reading the Book of Mormon.

We had interviews with Pres. Gillespie this week. I absolutely LOVED my interview. He started out with a couple of inspired questions. 创What have I learned from my companions that I have had on the mission so far?创 This made me ponder a little bit. Its super hard to contemplate all that I have learned from my companions in the mission and try to put it into words. I really have learned alot about applying the Christlike attributes in my life. The second question was 创What have you learned on your mission so far that will be of benefit to you after the mission?创 My mission has changed my life. I am a better person for having been here on my mission. If I could make a list of things that I have learned on my mission so far, I would need one big piece of paper. One of the most valuable things that I have learned and experienced so far is that we must look and focus on the good things in people, not the bad, and love them for who they are. As we focus on the good, relationships improve drastically, attitude changes to positive and everything is better. I later asked him a couple of doctrine questions.

Well I am loving La Ligua. The lord is blessing us with lots of success and we are working hard. I have felt the spirit more in this companionship more than any other that I have had on my mission. We are following the spirit, we are working hard (and smart), and the Lord is giving us success. The learning curve and rate of progression in the mission is incredible. I磎 so grateful for the Book of Mormon, i磎 so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Lets just say, I磎 grateful for a lot of things. God loves each and every one of us.

I love you all. Hasta luego!!


Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment