Elder Millard with his mission president

Elder Millard with his mission president

Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh my spider...RUN Kenny!


Hola Hola!!! Wow this week was the best! I cannot believe that this change is already half over!! Where did that time go? It makes me realize that I need to cherish every moment here on the mission because for real, time goes by super fast! Lots of great stuff happened this week! The weather is progressively getting colder and colder, Elder Huaman and I keep working harder and harder, and i磎 seriously loving my time here in La Ligua!

So, the situation that we are dealing with here in La Ligua is that ALL of our fechas (baptisimal dates) went on vacation this week! haha The San Martins went to La Serena, Vanesa went to La Calera, and Juana and Eduardo went up north as well. It was pretty ridiculous how it all worked out, but it was a great opportunity to find lots of new investigators. Our assistance was a little low due to the lack of our fechas here, but we had tons of success in other aspects of the work. Before us elders got here to La Ligua, there was on average 3 lessons with member every week. Elder Huaman and I put as a goal 13 lessons with member this week, and we accomplished 14!!! We are starting to work a lot more with the members. They really are the key to this work, as President Hinkley stated.

Matias, Camila and Constanza San Mart韓 are still progressing very well towards their baptism on the 11th of March. Their grandpa is planning on traveling 15 hours from Antofagasta Chile to come to their baptism. If he is able to come, he would baptize them and that would be ideal! Vanesa ate some 创Mariscos创 that were not prepared very well and got super sick! She was in the hospital for a few days and is now bed ridden for 7 days! We are still working hard and praying that our investigators can overcome all of the trials, problems, doubts, and laziness to be able to come to the waters of baptism.

So I just barely had the opportunity to play Ping Pong with a girl named Romina. Now, when I tell you this, you better not laugh... She absolutely creamated me! haha Romina is not just any ordinary ping pong player, it just so happens that she has represented Chile in international tournaments! She is a champion here in Chile, and that is saying something, due to the fact that there is a lot of ping pong here. We played best out of 5, I won one game 11 to 9 which was a miracle, and she won the other three games outright! She gave me lessons of what I have been doing wrong my whole life. After playing with me for a little bit, she could tell that I have played tennis because I played ping pong like I play tennis, and it is completely different. I never realized how complicated ping pong actually is. I learned so much today of how to play better! Robbie, Dad, and Brody Bushnell, you better watch out and keep practicing for my return haha jk! It was so cool to play against someone so legit!

We had conference for the interior zones this week. It was located down in Villa Alemana about 2 hours away from La Ligua. Thursday night, we had to travel to La Calera to sleep over there because the conference started early friday morning. Thursday night was quite the experience. Lets just say tile floor, 3 blankets and a pillow. haha. Sleep was not a big part of my night. Anyways, the conference was so great! We learned more about the importance of lesson plans, giving talks in church, and how to start a lesson, take control of a lesson and let the investigator know our purpose of being in their house. Chileans are very distinct people. Lets just say they like to talk alot, and we as missionaries have to be really good with taking control. We also learned a lot about the resurrection! One thing that I thought was really cool is that when we are resurrected, we instantly have had a pre judgement looking at the appearance of our bodies. The people that have been rightous will have a body that has a higher capacity to withstand the presence of God. An extra twinkle I guess we could say. In this life, we need to live in such a way that there will not be much of a difference between our lifestyles now, and the lifestyles that we will have in the Celestial Kingdom. If we cannot keep the commandments here, or if we do not enjoy keeping the commandments here, why would we be able to keep or enjoy keeping the commandments in the Celestial Kindom.

Well I love you all so much! Thanks for all your support and all the letters! They give me animo and brighten my day every time!

Hasta Luego!

Chao!

Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment